Happy Earth Day!
At jlounge we are passionate – and some might say fanatic – about the interconnection of our bodies with the health of our natural ecosystem.
Whatever we put on our skin is absorbed into our bodies. The products we use to nourish and replenish our skin must grow in sustainable and healthy environments (not created in a lab) to help us feel and look good from the outside to the inside.
Below are 7 ways you can celebrate Earth Day with eco-friendly practices that benefit your wellbeing. Our Earth will be happy and so will you!
- Choose organic skincare ingredients that are free from toxins, pesticides, synthetic and chemical ingredients. Consult with the Environmental Working Groups (EWG) Skin Deep database to check how environmentally safe your beauty products are.
- Choose makeup that is pigmented with fruit-dye instead of synthetic dyes.
- Make sure there is a no-animal testing.
- Choose packages that can be recycled, refilled or are biodegradable.
- Exfoliate using natural ingredients such as oatmeal, sugar, almonds, sea salt or even coffee.
- Take a bath with epsilon salt.
- Look out for ingredients called paraffin’s, mineral oil and petrolatum.