A lot of people suffer from SAD, or seasonal affective disorder, during the winter holiday seasons. Also known as the ‘winter blues,’ this can stem from a variety of reasons, such as being alone during the holidays, to simply not soaking up enough sun during the short daylight hours. So what better way to beat the snowy sadness than with a bit of metal, glitter, and self-pampering?
That’s why we want to help cheer you up with these trending metallic nail ideas that will definitely make you the center of attention at any holiday party! Lucky for you, we’re telling you the 5 steps in getting the creating stylish nails to match the season and keep your image looking chic and lively during the tough winter days ahead.
1. Get your metallic palette. Some great shiny hues to buy are a light metallic gold, earthy browns and greys, metallic blue, and burnished copper. These looks are great for work, cocktail parties, or even casual outings with friends, and will catch the eyes of passerby’s on those dreary winter days!
2. Use negative space. Letting part of your natural nail color show through adds a chic, elegant contrast to the heavy metallic colors. One way to employ this technique is by adding stripes and sparkling borders between color lines over a typical gel manicure.
3. Nude lunulae with intense colors. If you love popping reds and other eye-catching, brighter colors, you can ‘winterize’ them by using negative space as stated above. However, instead of stripes, try leaving the lunula (white crescent-shaped area of your nail) of your nail nude with brighter colors to create an effect of snow on a bright landscape.
4. Starry night, shine so bright. Sparkles, sparkles, sparkles! Dark colors such as black or dark metallic blue with green, blue, silver and gold sparkles to create a chic imitation of a clear winter night sky.
5. Neutral body with black tips. A fun, sophisticated version of the French manicure. You can create this effect by covering the body of your nails with clear gel, and dipping the tips in black. This looks goes well with any black gown or holiday party greyscale or dark toned dress.
Of course, while you could go out in the cold weather and find these winter-trending colors, sparkles, and gels all on your own, what better way to really beat the winter blues than having professionals give you these trending styles with your girlfriends? Contact us today at 720-484-6669 and schedule your appointment today!